Helpful Documents

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My In-laws house was struck by lightning...

And now stands as a shell of it's former self. The lightning caught the garage on fire and spread throughout the second floor.

My knees started to buckle when I heard the news. MIL and her dog got out safely, and really the damage is not as bad as I originally thought it would be. The upstairs and the garage were the worst. But the smoke and water damage is pretty nasty.

Friends, family and neighbors came out of the woodwork to help. It's amazing what a tragic event can do to bring people together.

There is a lot of work ahead of us, and there is quite a bit lost, but as MIL said "it's just stuff."

Edited to clear my husband and father-in-law of all culpability in the fire that was caused by LIGHTNING.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Being that our family is an electrical Contractor and my Dad and I are both master electricians could you please correct your Typo to read that lightning caught the house on fire not "lighting". Thank you, Your Husband

Lisa said...

Your FAMILY is an electrical contractor? :)