Helpful Documents

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Actual conversation with Jonah...

Jonah (from back seat) : Mommy, do ants breathe?

Mommy (fiddling with DVD player and putting on lipgloss): I don't know, actually. We'll Google it.

Jonah: I bet Mrs. Veleber will know...

Mommy (dialing daddy): Just a minute...

Hey, do ants breathe...? Okay...

No, Jonah, Daddy says they don't breathe like us.

Jonah (excited to hear the news): So they can go into outer space with no helmet on!

Hmm. I never thought of it like that.

3 comments:

DallasB said...

This is adorable!!! And what great ideas; both a blog and homeschooling! Good luck to all of you!
-Dallas

Anonymous said...

Good stuff.

Shane showed me your blog last night. Looking forward to many more laughs.

bethsessoms said...

Lisa, I am Jason Sessom's wife, Beth. I hope that you don't mind that Shane showed us your blog. I recently just joined the blog world myself. My husband Jason came to your church about 3 or 4 years ago on a mission trip. Our youth and several adults from our church ( Oakdale) came also. I remember him coming home and telling me several stories about your daughter Jonah. She is about the same age as our daughter, Adele. He thought she was pretty funny. Well, anyway I just wanted to let you know that I have been lurking (I mean looking) around your blog and have really enjoyed it. I don't homeschool our daughter (she is going to 1st grade). She is going to a christian school this year but who knows I may at some point join the homeschooling community. I just wanted to say "hello". Looking forward to reading more.