Helpful Documents

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Jonah is having a bath...

I promised her a fun bath in our Jacuzzi tub with lots of bubbles. There are so many, you can only see her head.



She is in there now singing "Sovereign Grace":

Sovereign grace o’er sin abounding,
Waves of love in power swell;
‘Tis a deep that knows no sounding,
Who its breadth or length can tell?
On its glories, on its glories
Let my soul forever dwell.

Chorus:
Sovereign grace,
It reaches the depths of my sin
And kindles a fire within.
Lord, shed it anew
And fix all my passions on You
By sovereign grace.

What from Christ my soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
Once in Him, in Him forever
The eternal cov’nant stands;
None can pluck me, none can pluck me
From the Father’s mighty hands.

Heirs of God, joint heirs with Jesus,
Long ago this gift was won;
To His name eternal praises!
Oh! what wonders He has done!
One with Jesus, one with Jesus,
By eternal union one.

On such love I’ll ever ponder,
Love so great, so rich, so free;
Ever asking, lost in wonder,
Why, O Lord, such love to me?
Hallelujah, hallelujah,
Grace will reign eternally.

3 comments:

Shane Waters said...

Are you trying to baptize your child without anyone knowing :)

Anonymous said...

haha, Shane. That's a neat picture Lisa. And how awesome is it that Jonah knows such a great song?

Sarah said...

y'all are funny. I wish I could have been baptized in bubbles, that'd be sweet. Like maybe extra cleansing? Lord knows I need it. hehe. Cute pic and great song, lisa.