Helpful Documents

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Jonah lost her first tooth!!

She pulled it out herself. Somehow, she managed to get a blanket stuck on it (don't ask...this is just how my children work) and when she finally got it free, the tooth was bleeding. She was a little freaked out, but I gave her a damp paper towel to wipe the blood off her lips and she calmed down.
She kept saying it hurt, so I told her it would probably feel better just to get the tooth out. She didn't want me to touch it. I know this because she screamed a blood curdling "don't touch it!"
So she began to pull. I thought I was going to toss my cookies. She would pull a little, grunt a little, grimace, her hand would slip and she would start again. The whole time I'm trying to keep my cool and not dry heave loud enough for her to realize what was happening, and be encouraging. "Oh, Jonah, great job!" hurp. "Wow, this is so...uuurrp...exciting." Maybe if you...uuuuhhhh, hurp...twist it a little it will loosen more."
Then I noticed Jorja looking at me wondering what was wrong, so I had to give her the big fake smile. "Oh, Jorja...uumpf...Isn't this great, Jonah is such a...hurp...big girl!"
Finally, *shudder* she gave it a couple good twists and a tug and it came loose. Bloody and full of gunk. It was a barftastic moment in our home. Poor daddy missed it.
The tooth next to it is so loose that it doesn't even stand up straight anymore. I tell Jonah it's looking at where it's friend was and wondering where it went!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That picture kind-of makes me want to "hurp!" JK. Good for her, its a good look.