Helpful Documents

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Jorja speaks in the third person, and Jorja likes coffee.

Funny that Jonah is studying pronouns, because Jorja could use a lesson or two. She often asks questions in the third person.

"Is Jorja going to take a nap?" She will ask.

Today I was told, "Jorja is allowed to have coffee. Jorja likes coffee."

Oh, poop.

Yeah, I realized two things today, first, I have a small addiction to caffeine. Second, It's a big fat mistake to leave coffee on the table.

Let's address them in that order. For two days I have had a headache. I am drinking water, I took Advil...nothing. Then I realized. I haven't taken time to make myself a cup of coffee. Uh-oh. I'm going through DT's. Shaky, moody, headache...yeah, that sounds like caffeine withdrawal symptoms to me. So I am not only addicted to stroller shopping (ahem - we will address that later) but I am also addicted to a cup of morning Joe. I can live with that.

So moving onto revelation #2. *sigh* After I got my fix this morning, and Jonah and I were finishing up school, I got up from the table with my coffee still sitting at my place. Apparently, Jorja decided to try it (mental note: never leave a cup of bleach, acid, turpentine, or boiling water on the table...Jorja will drink it). She proudly announced to me that not only did she like it, but she was allowed to drink it. Now, this is a problem we are dealing with a lot lately. Jorja proclaims she is allowed to do a lot of things. Like mommy and daddy are so naive that we will just say "oh, well, if your allowed to do it, by all means, drink bleach!" Somehow, our discipline techniques fail.

So what is a mom to do when she realizes her 2 year old is about to go into warp mode? Do I dare drink another cup in an effort to keep up with her and risk instant coronary catastrophe? Or do I hydrate myself, do some stretches, and wait for the workout to begin? I chose #2. I'm still wondering if that was the correct choice.

After about an hour, she seemed to be alright, and I had a couple errands to run, so we loaded up the car (Jorja was already loaded-ha, ha) and headed to a bookstore. I know what you're thinking. Bookstore? Three kids? Do you not learn, woman? No, I don't. Newsflash: I'm stubborn and will not admit defeat. Not until I've alienated an entire store. So, after Jorja did one lap around Rock Solid (a home school curriculum bookstore, so they are used to those nasty, uneducated little antisocial home school types) the very patient saleswoman told them to pick out a movie to watch while I shopped. All I needed was one math workbook. That's it. But the clearance shelf got me. I only bought one Little House book, though, so don't fret. However, the caffeine started to kick in somewhere around lap 2 (OK, obviously before, but that's when it hit me that it hit her).

I paid and evacuated as quickly as possible. But we still needed milk, and my second errand was to buy some knock-off crocks at Walmart. So we swung into the Wally-world by the airport (it's far enough away from the house, I'm sure I won't run into anyone there again, anyway). So I had to throw Jorja into the back of the buggy because they didn't have the nifty kind like Publix does with the bench for the big kids and the baby seat, too. Mis-take! I fought her to sit down the whole time. She wanted the shinny shoes, she wanted to open the milk, she wanted this, that and the other. Everyone knew what she wanted. At one point, after screwing the top of the milk for the 152nd time, she yelled "Everyone! This is milk, I can open it!" Shopping. Trip. Over.

Thankfully, she came down on the way home, waayyyy down. She's still sleeping now, thank goodness, maybe I can get some work done in the kitchen and make dinner. Or, I can go lay on the couch...just for 15 minutes or so, you know, cat nap, then I'll get to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, you have provided me with some much needed belly laughing. One day, Jorja will learn to read and write, and she's going to start her own blog; and then, it will be PAYBACK! Have a good 15 minute nap! Ashlie

Sarah said...

haha, Ashlie... sooo true. I dont need kids, I will just read your blog. :) jk