Helpful Documents

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Laundry Update

It's bad in there. Real bad. I cannot describe the monstrosity in my closet. I do a load or more every day, yet the pile grows and grows. It doesn't help that (don't look Ashlie) at least one load a day is laden with poop or potty laundry (Okay, Ashlie, you can look again).

My fellow home school mom (and quite frankly, one of my mentors) gave me advice on how she handles laundry, but I have been unable to find a way to implement her system (yes, Jason, this means I NEED my new closet). Basically, she has a bunch of baskets in the laundry room and presorts. When a basket is full, she dumps it right into the washer and moves on. She actually likes doing laundry. This I do not understand. It's like I'm from Venus and laundry is from Mars. Okay, bad analogy, but you get my drift.

I would not mind loving to do laundry, though. I mean, hey, I love clothes. What is better than having clean clothes to wear? Oh, yeah, new clothes, or clothes cleaned by someone else while I watch Project Runway. But...since that is not currently worked into the 2008 budget (also known as "We need a roof") I guess I have to find a way to love laundry. Perhaps, like a young maiden betrothed to a hideous older man...I can learn to love it over time.

...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I so love project runway! I cannot wait to tell Josh that I'm not the only one in this world that watches it!!