Helpful Documents

Monday, August 25, 2008

Chicken Mummy Update, Part Deux...

One of the new favorite "words", if you will, around our house is *hurp*. It's that kind of throwing up in your mouth sound. Delightful imagery, I know, but sometimes the only way to describe something is to sink to a 12 year old boy's level.

*Hurp* is how I would describe the chicken now. The smell, I admit is not as pungent as the first salt change, but still there, and the chicken is much smaller. We should have weighed it before and after, that could have counted as science and math!

Anyway, I still can't stand over it and breathe once the bag is opened or *hurp*. I tried turning my head to the right and taking a deep breath to clear my sinuses, unfortunately, I forgot I had set the open bag of chicken-moistened salt in the right side of the sink and well...*hurp*.

We are 6 weeks into the mummy, so theoretically, it's finished, but I'm going to give it one more week in the salt mixture, just in case. That being said, look for pictures and a description of our wrap job and sarcophagus in the next week or so.

No comments: