Helpful Documents

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Why do I let them paint in my house?

Seriously?

It always turns into an ulcer-inducing event for me.

I am so anal, that I only let them use one color paint at a time. NO MIXING! That is why I bought 20 different colors in the first place. If you don't see a color you want, pick another color.

And then there is the washing of the brushes. Half-assed washing and then dipping into the paint without dabbing on the paper towel is not allowed. Ick, then your paint gets gross and milky...it all looks like mud.

Oh, and somehow Josie managed to drop her paintbrush on the floor and it rolled end over end like a NASCAR crash until it landed bristles down on my carpet. Now I have another clean area with an orange dot in the middle. Right after that, she dumped the jar of blue paint on the floor and it splattered all up the window and my leg leaving me with blue paint on my jeans. At least they are my junky jeans. Thank goodness for small favors.

Ah, well, they had fun in spite of my high-strung parenting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do it because you know it's good for them and they love it.

Judy